Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a minor setback

So Allen and I have been here in Chattanooga for almost two weeks. On Monday we began orientation and first thing of the day were D.O.T. physicals for those of us in the class who didn't have them. There were about 60 people in our class to start out with, by noon 5 of us were already out, yes...I was one of the five :( 4 of us were out due to high blood pressure. High Blood Pressure you say, none of us thought we had HBP. Third time they tested the four of us and it was still high, they sent us home. I couldn't beleive it, neither could the other three guys. I felt terrible because Allen had passed everything and they were going to send us both home. Covenants policy is you are out for 14 days before you can try again. So they found a way for Allen to stay in class and I can stay with him till he is on a truck then I can be a rider on the truck until I can get into class in 2 weeks. Whew, this was better than having to drive all the way back home and wondering where we would go from there. I went to the Dr and got on medicine and already my BP is within DOT guidelines :)

I just want to thank our kids and friends for all their love and support. I couldn't be here without all of you. You know you are my world and I can't tell you how much I miss you and my grandkiddios. Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment