Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rita got "Solo Status" Today

Wow, what a nerve-racking 4 days it has been for me, but today made it all worth it. On Thursday our Refresher Course here at Covenant Transport consisted of me and another guy and two teachers. Come Friday, I am the only student. The other guy got sent home for some reason or another. So for the last 3 days I have been consistently practicing my backing a 53' trailer into a 12' wide alley dock, another trailer on each side of me. I never backed into or bumped either of the other trailers :) In some instances this was a miracle. There were times I would be 3" to 4" away from the other trailer. Out of all those times backing only once (and it was the last back of the first day) did I get the trailer in the hole without any pullups!! Of coarse that is the way you want to do it everytime, but I still showed a lot of improvement and that I got the trailer in the dock everytime even though some may have had 10 pullups. So at the end of today I graduated with the highest status available:) I am so thankful!! Now tomorrow Allen and I will go find out when and where we will go pick up a truck. Could be here in Chattanooga, in Texas or California. We are anxious to get making some money!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mom!! We are so proud of you!! We miss you so much, but we can't wait to go see K next week:) We will post lots of pictures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete